FEW MEN TURN OUT FOR CROSS COUNTRY PRACTICE

Only 34 University and 14 Freshmen Candidates Report for Workouts--More are Expected Later

Only forty-eight men reported to Coach Farrell for cross-country practice, thirty-four for the University and fourteen for the Freshman team. As soon as things begin to settle down however, Coach Farrell expects to see more men out. For a week the squads will work out at Soldier's Field, and will then transfer to the Belmont courses, where the University squad will run over its usual six-mile and the Freshman over a three mile course. The workouts for the next week will be light.

If more candidates join the squad, the season's prospects should be reasonably good. J. N. Watters '26, L. B. R. Barker '26, who placed fifth in last year's Yale meet, Capt. A. L. Coburn '24, H. K. Thayer '25, L. W. Grossman '26, state champion of Michigan, and F. P. Kane '26 form part of a strong nucleus for this year's team. W. I. Tibbetts '26 is ineligible on account of scholastic difficulties.

Tomorrow at 1 o'clock Freshman manager candidates will meet at the H. A. A. The competition will last six weeks, at the end of which a manager and assistant manager will be chosen.