LAW CLUBS ARGUE IN AMES FINALS TONIGHT

Board of Three Who Will Make Decision Represent Two States and Canada--Winners Get Trophy and Cash Prize

The highest honor in the Law School will be won this evening by either the George Gray Club or the Scott Club when they meet in the finals of the Ames competition. Tonight's case, the climax of a three year competition among the Law School Clubs, will be tried before a bench of three justices in the center lecture room of Langdell Hall at 8 o'clock.

The judges will be the Rt. Hon. Lyman P. Duff, Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada; the Hon. Alex. Simpson Jr., Justice of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania; and the Hon. Leslie P. Snow, Justice of the Supreme Court of New Hampshire. They will be called upon to render a decision on a case in equity concerning the operations of the mythical Blanque Mining Company. David Stoffer 3L, and P. D. Miller 3L, of the Scott Club will be the counsel for the mining company. The fictitious complainant, Richard Goodright, will be represented by R. S. Foster 3L, and C. W. Partridge Jr. 3L, of the Gray Club.

The complaint maintains that the Blanque Mining Company so carries on its operations that large quantities of sand and gravel are discharged into a river and deposited on the complainant's land, making this land wholly useless. It is asked of the court, therefore, that the company be restrained from continuing these operations and also be ordered to remove from the land the sand and gravel already deposited.

The counsel for the mining company admit the substance of the complaint. They rest their defense upon the charge that the land referred to was wild and undeveloped and was purchased by the complainant solely as a matter of speculation after he had learned of the mining company's operations.

The work of these law clubs is purely voluntary, but it is the most important activity in the Law School with the possible exception of the Law Review. Each of tonight's winners will be awarded a trophy and a cash prize.