TWO STATE CHAMPIONS IN RACQUET CLUB MATCH

Peabody and Bradlee in Line-Up of Boston Tennis and Racquet Club Which Faces University Team Today

The University squash team will play one of its most important matches this afternoon at 3.00 o'clock with the Tennis and Racquet Club of Boston on the latter's courts in Boston.

The result of this contest will go a long way towards deciding the Massachusetts State Championship. Should Harvard win, the University will have a safe lead in the tournament, having won 12 of its 15 matches to date. The line-up of the Boston team indicates a stiff battle for the Crimson men. C. C. Peabody, who holds the state championship, will play in No. 1 position against Captain Dixon. He is supported by Malcolm Bradlee '22, former state champion and captain of the University Squash Team in 1922, who was the opponent of G. D. Debevoise '26. W. P. Belknap '20 is another graduate on the opposing line-up.

In order to accommodate the players, the match between Debevoise and Bradlee was played yesterday afternoon. Bradlee won after a hard fight by a score of 15-11, 18-17, 18-16. Debevoise made a tremendous effort to get the better of his opponetn in the last two games but could not overcome the former champion.

The line-up for the matches today is as follows: HARVARD  TENNIS & RACQUET CLUB Dixon  Peabody Harrington  Shaw Glossner  Sears Upjohn  Belknap

Team B will play Team B of the Tennis and Racquet Club on the University courts at 2.30 o'clock, and the Freshman team will compete with the Union Boat Club on the Boat Club courts at the same hour.

Two of the Team B matches have already been played, Carpenter and Finley each having won their contests for the University.

Tournament entries for the Engineering, Graduate, Law, and Business Schools and the Freshman class are now open and will close January 18.