ALUMNI RUSH FILLS ARENA FOR ELI GAME

Will Weed Out Non-Personals, and Then Reduce Applications From Four to Two Seats Apiece

The Harvard allotment of tickets for the first Yale hockey game has already been oversubscribed, it was announced last night at the H. A. A. The unprecedented demand for tickets to this contest, scheduled for Saturday, February 9, at the Arena, has necessitated a general cut in the University applications.

The H. A. A. will continue to accept applications until January 31, the date previously announced for closing, but any received after that date will not be filled. The first step in the cut will be to cast out all applications not for personal use. The next will be to reduce the number allowed to each applicant from four to two, and possibly in some cases to one.

Major F. W. Moore '93 made public the order of preference which will be used in the allotment, as follows:

1. Members of the University squad.

2. "H" men in hockey.

3. Undergraduate managers and captains of other University sports.

4. Undergraduates.

5. Graduates.

"We hope," said Major Moore, "to be able to supply every applicant with at least one ticket. In order to do this, it will probably be necessary to limit all the undergraduates and graduates to no more than two.

"The Arena management has turned over to us their entire surplus of 220 seats, giving us a total of 1956 reserved seats and 322 box seats, some 300 less than we had last year. The demand from Yale has been greater than ever before, and the extra 300 tickets have gone to the Yale A. A. and the Yale Club of Boston."

Very few students have yet applied, nearly 90 percent of the applications to date having come from graduates. Unless the undergraduates get their applications in before Thursday night, they will be forced to scramble for standing room. The H. A. A. emphasizes in particular that all late applications will be ignored.