FIRST YEAR HOCKEY TEAM TO FACE OFF WITH ANDOVER

1927 Outfit Will Get Its First Real Test Today--Has Whitewashed All Five of High School Opponents

When the 1927 sextet lines up against Andover this afternoon at 2 o'clock in the Arena, the team will face its first real test. Until today the Freshmen have been playing local high school teams, and in the five games this season have scored 48 goals to their opponents' two. The school teams, however, have been slightly handicapped by the lack of ice for practice, and the Crimson, although it has suffered under the same conditions, has had the advantage in the use of the Arena twice a week.

Under the tutelage of J. H. Dempsey '23, the first year combination has been developing along the lines laid down by Coach Winsor for the University squad.

In the forward line of Hamlen, Zarakov, and Scott, the team has a fast trio whose skating ability and teamwork is improving rapidly. Captain Coady and Bohlen on the defense are a formidable pair against the attack of the high school teams, but have yet to prove their worth against the stronger prep school combinations. At present there are three contenders for the goal position, Flood, Burke, and Daly, the first having a slight advantage over the other two, but the more difficult competition in the future may yet make a change in the Crimson cage.