SWAIN URGES U. S. ENTRY INTO LEAGUE OF NATIONS

But Engineering School Professor Does Not Approve of That Body as It Is Constituted at Present

"The United States should enter fully into a League of Nations,--but not the present League," said Professor George F. Swain of the Engineering School when questioned by a CRIMSON reporter recently on the subject of the "cooperation without membership" clause in the winning Bok Peace Plzx.

"The League is necessary to police the ruffian nations," he continued, "just as we have police in our cities to protect citizens from the ruffians there. Man is a quarrelsome animal, and he will fight if offered. The League should prevent offense.

Cannot Improve League

"It is a sign of idealistic immaturity to say that we should enter a league of which we disapprove in the hope of making it better. Some other nation with the same purpose would make it what we should call worse. If the United States were to say, 'we will enter your league only provided that you make several radical changes the actions would jump at the change. They would even revise the Deague to be make it not the same covenant in order to get the United States, the greatest country in the world eday, as a full member.