New Course in Medieval Drama to be Offered Next Half Year; Professor Copeland's Course on Johnson Omitted

"The Medieval Drama" will be the subject of a new course to be offered in the second half year, according to announcements made yesterday. The instructors in three courses have been changed; one course will be dropped; one-half course has been continued as a full course; and two new courses added to those announced in the pamphlet on Courses of Instruction.

Of the courses added, Comparative Literature 40, on the Medieval Drama, is the most, important. As a starred course this will be given by Professor G. R. Coffman G '09 of Grinnell College, and will deal first with the origin of the medieval drama in Western Europe and later with its development in England up to 1500. Important phases of the subject will be the miracle play, the liturgical play, the English cyclic play, the morality play, the interlude and the folk element in the drama of the medieval period.

The other course to be added is Philosophy 20G, a Seminary on the philosophy of C. S. Peirce, it will be given for advanced students by members of the Division of Philosophy, Physics 22, "Biological Physics of the Special Sense Organs," announced as a half-course in the first half year, will be continued during the second half-year.

Since Associate Professor C. T. Copeland '82, will not return for the second half-year, his course on "Johnson and his Circle," English 62, will be omitted.

Dr. F. P. Magoun '90 will give English 11B a half-course on Milton formerly given by Professor J. L. Lowes G '03. Professor M. O. Hudson L '10 will give Government 23, "Selected Cases in International Law" as a half-course to meet on Mondays from 4 to 6. Education B2hf, "Educational Psychology," will be given by Mr. C. H. Langford.

Mr. George Humphrey, Assistant Professor of Psychology at Wesleyan University, Connecticut, will replace Professor W. F. Dearborn of the Graduate School of Education during the second half year, in Professor Dearborn's course on "Problems in Mental and Physical Development," Education B26, it was stated yesterday at the School of Education." Professor Dearborn will devote his entire time to the Commonwealth Investigation.