TENNIS MEN WILL GO TO ENGLAND AGAIN

Six Names Were Mentioned but No Final Choice Was Announced--Many Schedules and Changes Approved

The authorization of a trip to England by three men from the University tennis team next summer was the most important announcement made yesterday by Major F.W. Moore '93 concerning the recent meeting of the Athletic Committee. It was voted to appropriate $1000 toward defraying the expenses of the trip. Three Harvard and three Yale men will make up the team which will face a combined Oxford-Cambridge team. This is the fourth of a series of international tennis matches begun in 1921 when the English team visited America. The Harvard-Yale contingent returned the visit in 1922, and last summer the English team again came to this country.

The question of a battery coach for baseball was discussed by the committee, but no announcement is yet available. Six men were mentioned for the position, and it is reported unofficially that a tentative choice has been made, subject only to an agreement on terms. The requirements of the position make advisable the choice of a man who combines both professional and college coaching experience. A definite announcement will probably be made next week. The Freshman coach will also probably be selected within a week.

Approve Schedule Alterations

Several alterations in schedules were approved, notably the change in the date of the Yale Dual Track Meet to June 7 to avoid conflict with the Olympic tryouts. This change is subject to the agreement of the Yale authorities. It was also voted to change the dates of the baseball games with Princeton, so that the game in Princeton would be played on May 17 and the one in Cambridge on May 24. This vote was taken at the request of Princeton on account of the fact that the Childs Cup Race is to be held at Princeton on May 17.