DENUNCIATION

Senator Hiram Johnson has started his presidential campaign. He thinks that one of President Coolidge's recent acts is positively immoral, and another one merely a political move. Consequently he has started right in denouncing the administration. He will probably find much more to denounce before he stops. But the only positive statement he has made is to favor the bonus, and he has done this for so long in opposition to the administration and to the positive proof of figures that this amounts almost to a negative stand.

President Coolidge, on the other hand, has outlined a very positive platform, in a very few words. His actions speak louder than they. He has also stated that the rest of his platform will be definite, plain and unequivocal. There will be few vague promises, and no mere catchwords, or popular phrases. In this day of petty politics, denunciation, and oratory, it is refreshing to find someone naive enough to say what he really thinks. And if we are able to agree with what he thinks, so much the better.