CATHOLIC FORUM GATHERS FOR BUSINESS MEETING TONIGHT

Professor Rand Was First Speaker of Year Last Friday

The Catholic Forum will hold a meeting of all regular members at 50 Concord Avenue, Cambridge, tonight at 8.30 o'clock. At this meeting financial matters will be discussed, and the choice of the next speaker made.

At the meeting last Friday night Professor E. K. Rand '94, Professor of Latin in the University, spoke on the subject "Whether or not Christianity has a Place in College Life." In speaking Professor Rand mentioned the fact that a large committee of alumnae had decided that the most appropriate from of a war memorial to the dead would be a Church. This would seem to indicate that there was a place for Christianity in College life. He finished by saying that the church had nothing to fear from science, and that a man should come to College with an open mind, elastic and receptive: ready to receive and think over anything that he hears, and thus cast away the bad and retain the good.

After this talk a discussion was held, in which members of the club asked the speaker various questions, and discussed various subjects. This is one of the main ideas of the Forum; an endeavor to get at the truth through open and fairminded discussion.