LA FOLLETTE OVERCONFIDENT IN NORTHWEST, BELIEVES DAKOTAN

Horton Says Farmers Are Republicans first and Foremost

"Senator Robert M. La Follette will not carry North Dakota, South Dakota, or Minnesota," avers H. G. Horton 1G.B. Mr. Horton, who lives in Grand Forks, the second largest town in North Dakota, has been very active in local politics. For a long time he was Chairman of the Republican Club of Grand Forks, and has done some real campaign work for the Republican nominees.

He bases his statement on three important facts the first being that third party men have carried the North West in the past because they have been able to secure for themselves a Republican nomination. Senator La Follette has a radical third party nomination which has no similarity to the Republican nominations of former third party men, and so there is no reason to believe that merely because third party men have carried these three states in the past, La Follette will carry them in November.

The second fact of importance is that there has been a good crop in the North West this year, and it has calmed down a lot of the agitation and unrest.

The third fact is that about 50,000 people from each of these three states vote the Republican ticket under all conditions and this is generally enough to decide an election in those states.