"WATCH GLENNON" MAY BE WATCHWORD AGAIN THIS YEAR

"Watch Glennon," said Coach Cleo O'Donnell Holy Cross mentor, on the eve of the annual struggle with the Crimson last year. This was no idle threat, for time and again the shifty Purple back threw fear into the Harvard adherents with his dazzling speed and uncanny ability to keep his feet. Only a superb defense at a crucial moment prevented a score last fall, and gave the Crimson the best of the 6-0 score.

The above picture illustrates one of the high lights of last year's contest. McMahon, Holy Cross quarterback, is about to throw a pass to Glennon. With a clear field in front of him, Glennon dropped the ball, probably because the sun was shining directly in his eyes, losing the Purple's only chance for a touchdown.

Glennon and his teammates come to the Stadium this year determined on revenging last years "lucky win"

It is practically a veteran eleven which opposes the Crimson, and one that is confident of victory. There will probably be no recurrence of the wet field which hampered the Purple's running attack. Whether they will have the highly developed aerial game they displayed last year will remain to be seen.

Last year the Crimson was victorious by the narrow margin of 6-0. Pfaffman was substituted at quarterback late in the third period, and the Holy Cross backfield came in for what seemed an obvious try for a goal from the field. Pfaffman made as if to drop the ball, and then hurled the pigskin to Cheek, who easily crossed the goal-line.