Defeat Looms for at Least One of "Big Three" Today

Williams and Columbia, With Harvard Trained Coaches, Will Play Today

With Harvard facing Dartmouth, Princeton battling Notre Dame, and Yale opposing Brown, it is a good bet that at least one of the Big Three will go down to defeat this afternoon. All three of the trio are due to have a troublesome two hours before sunset.

Yale has the power to beat Brown and should do so, barring ill fortune in the matter of fumbles, blocked kicks, intercepted passes and such breaks of the game. The Brunonians have one of their best elevens in recent years, however, and there is a feeling at Providence that a victory over Yale is not beyond, possibility.

Expect Improved Yale Attack

Yale came through the Dartmouth test without serious injury and with the added finish that stern competition brings. The Eli defense found itself when it held the Green four times on the one-yard line. On the other hand, the Eli attack was not impressive, save for that all-important ability to capitalize their opponents' errors. Forecasting Yale as a winner by about three touchdowns to one means banking heavily on an improved attack after this week's practice.

If Princeton beats Notre Dame, Coaches Fisher and Jones will be given a severe jolt. The Tigers are not rated as strong enough to stop the veteran Notre Dame backfield. Layden and his mates made Princeton look foolish last year and they are better than ever this season.

Ewing's Toe May Count

Still, the Tigers have won a well-earned reputation as last-ditch fighters. Their coming from behind against the Navy has added to their confidence. Notre Dame 21, Princeton 10, represents a fair estimate of the difference between the two teams. Ewing, Tiger drop-kicking wizard, may upset the dope entirely if he gets within range of the Notre Dame crossbar often enough.

Boston University, Harvard's opponent next week, has a hard day ahead. The Army eleven with Wilson, former Penn State star in the backfield and the All- American Garbisch in the line is about five touchdowns better than the crippled Terriers.

Harvard-Coached Teams Meet

Of unusual interest to Harvard men is the meeting of two Harvard-coached teams, Haughton's Columbia eleven and Percy Wendell's Williams aggregation, the conquerors of Cornell. Most of the experts pick Williams as the logical victor, but the Morningside Heights team made a gallant showing against Penn last week and is improving rapidly. To this observer the odds seem to be very slightly on the side of Haughton's pupils, even though Williams has one of its greatest teams.