HANDICAP MEET MARKS CLIMAX OF FALL TRACK

STAR HIGH JUMPER COMPETES FOR FIRST TIME AT HARVARD

Eight of the eleven track and field events in the annual University Handicap Track Meet will be run off this afternoon at 3 o'clock on Soldiers Field.

Today's program will include the 80 yard high hurdles, the 100-yard dash, the 440-yard dash, the two-mile run, and the 440-yard high hurdles on the track. The field events will include the high jump, broad jump, and pole vault.

Tomorrow the meet will conclude with the 160-yard dash, the one-mile run, and the 880-yard run. The weight events will not be held until the end of the football season in order to give men on the University teams a chance at the shot, hammer, discus, and javelin events.

Harriers Will Compete

In addition to the whole of the University fall track squad members of the cross-country team will compete in the two-mile run, and a few graduate students, who are ineligible to compete for the track team, will here have an opportunity of showing their prowess.

The meet will be the climax of the fall track season. About 80 men have been reporting daily to Coach Farrell and his assistant, Jaecho Mikkola, the Finnish Olympic coach.

For the first time in his college career A. F. Jones '25, the old Exeter high jumper, will be eligible to compete in a University meet today.