The Campaign At Harvard

Republican Club Pays For Regalia For First Time in History

Plans for the old-fashioned torch-light parade tomorrow night are progressing rapidly.

A considerable part of the torches and the campaign hats to be used will be distributed in front of the Freshman Athletic Building tomorrow afternoon. In the evening the parade will form at the same place and proceed to Massachusetts Avenue via Mt. Auburn Street. In front of the Lampoon Building there will be another supply of hats and torches for the marchers. However, men wishing to be sure of a proper costume should get their outfits in the afternoon instead of the evening, according to the announcement made last night.

Will Join Big Boston Parade

Further information concerning the monster parade in Boston which the University contingent will join has been secured. Fourteen organizations, with a total of 12,000 members, will parade. There will be students from Boston College, Boston University and M. I. T. The blare of ten brass bands will vie with the yells of the marchers for supremacy in noise producing powers. The famous Whittall Huzzars of Worcester will march in full regalin, and each of the other delegations will have a distinctive uniform.

The bond which leads the University section of the parade will be composed chiefly of Republican members of the University Rand, but a few musicians will come out from Boston headquarters to complete the instrumentation. Efforts are being made to secure M. H. Harris of Boston to lead the organization.

In giving the torches and hats away this year, the Republican club is paying for all the parade for the first time on record. Formerly G. O. P. sympathizers had to pay themselves for their regalis, but this year, the club is footing the bill.

The Boston University and other College Republican clubs are all planning to have the largest group of marchers in the parade the University is entertaining the same design