CERCLE FRANCAIS SETS DATES, PONDERS ON PLAY

CERCLE DECIDES TO PAINT ITS OWN SCENERY IN FUTURE

The Cercle Francais has completed arrangements for its play to be given at the Fine Arts Theatre Boston, on the evening of December 3 and the afternoon of December 4. Both performances will be for the benefit of Louvain Library in Belgium.

Although the committee has been reading modern French plays for the past two weeks no choice has been definitely made for the coming production. At the present time it seems very likely that either "Docteur Knoch", or "Le Monde ou L'on Sennuie" will be chosen. The committee has differed upon the relative merits of these two plays, but a decision will doubtless be reached by the end of this week.

As soon as the play is decided upon rehearsals will begin, and trials for the various roles will be held.

M. Ernest Perrin of France is coming to this country explicitly to coach the play. M. Perrin coached the Cercle plays last year and made a great success of "Le Depute de Bombignac", "Jean-Marie", "Les Deux Timides", "Le Bonhomme Jadis", and others. M. Perrin is in Europe at the present time, but he will arrive in this country on October 20.

Following in the footsteps of the 47 Workshop and the Dramatic Club, the Cercle has adopted the policy of having all its scenery made by its members. In former years all the scenery for the plays has been hired, but the officers believe that there is enough talent in the club to enable them to do this without difficulty.