TUTORS APPOINTED FOR HISTORY AND LITERATURE

PROFESSOR MERRIMAN TO HEAD FACULTY COMMITTEE

Announcement was made last night of the four tutors who are to take charge of the newly established tutorial work in the Department of History and Literature.

The four tutors will be P. R. Doolin '20, who is also a fourth year student in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences and who studied at Paris for part of his undergraduate career; R. D. Howard; who graduated last June with high honors; Daniel Sargent '13, author of several books of poetry, and who assisted Professor Barrett Wendell in much of his later work, notably his "Traditions of European Literature"; and E. A. Whitney, '17 a tutor in field of History for the past five years.

Faculty Committee Named

The committee in charge of this field will consist this year of Professor R. B. Merriman '96 as Chairman, and Mr. Whitney as secretary. Its other members are Professor A. C. Coolidge, '87; director of the University Library; Professor G. H. Edgell, '09, dean of the faculty of the School of Architecture; Professor J. D. M. Ford, '94, authority on Spanish literature; Professor C. H. Haring, '07, who came to Harvard from Yale two years ago to teach Latin American history; Professor F. W. C. Lieder '07, of the German department; Professor Andre Morize, Dr. K. B. Murdock, '16, whose book on Increase Mather is shortly to be published by the University Presa; Professor C. R. Post, '04, recently exchange professor to Princeton; and Professor F. N. Robinson, '09, former chairman of the department of English.