The Campaign At Harvard

New Standard Bearer Will Lead Monster Torchlight Parade Monday

The H. U. N. S. has chosen a candidate for the Presidency of the United States. This fact was released to the CRIMSON last night after a secret meeting of the University Nihilists. Although the Executive Committee refused to divulge the identity of their nominee, they announced that he would appear in person on Monday night at 6.30 to head the torchlight parade which the college iconoclasts are planning.

Harvard men will remember that H. U. N. S., or Harvard University Nihilist Society, announced on Thursday its own birth and principles, condemning all presidential candidates, holding "100 per cent Americanism" to be unconstitutional, ridiculing college politics, and abhorring all partisanship. The society also announced at that time that it would hold a monster torchlight parade on Monday, the day before election day.

Bob Lampoon Joins Ranks

In addition to the fact that the presidential candidates would march in person, "Member No. 1", the anonymous leader of the Nihilists, announced that Bob Lampoon, the most famous member of the staff of the notorious Harvard comic, has broken all relations with the Republican Club of Harvard, for which he paraded in the G. O. P. torchlight parade on Thursday night. Both Bob and his celebrated piccolo will appear under the unique standard of the Nihilist nominee.

Will Disband Before H. A. A.

The parade will form at 6.30 o'clock sharp in front of the Freshman Gymnasium, and will proceed thence past Gore Hall up to Winthrop street, Holyoke street, Mt. Auburn street, Bow street and Quincy Square. In front of the H. A. A. on Broadway the parade will disband. No one can march who has not contributed to the campaign fund, but "Member No. 1" expressed the hope that a large gathering would turn out to watch. He guaranteed surprise and amusement, especially at the point where the line will halt for an enthusiastic rally. The location of this rally and the costumes to be worn by the marchers will be announced Monday.

Prestige of Nihilists is Growing

The enthusiastic response with which the formation of the new party has been received everywhere has led the committee to assert that intelligent people everywhere are beginning to see that all three of the candidates, Coolidge, Davis and La Follette, are equally to be rejected as incapable and worthless.

Membership in the new organization is rapidly increasing. Rallying around the cry of "Down with all candidates; down with college politics; down with all politics!", almost 50 men have joined the Society. Prominent among the members are three editors of the CRIMSON, four editors of the Lampoon, one editor of the Advocate, six men who have won distinction in athletics, and one member of the Harvard University Faculty.