PRINCETON SOCCER MEN CLAW UNIVERSITY TEAM

CAPTAIN COOPER MAKES TWO OF THREE TIGER SCORES

The University soccer team was defeated by Princeton 3 to 0 in a noontime game on Saturday at Soldiers Field, giving the undefeated Tigers their sixth game this year.

Harvard lost the toss and was forced to play in the face of the wind for the first half. This greatly handicapped the University team and played a part in the first tally of Princeton when McNeer booted the ball 25 yards right through Thomas in the first fifteen minutes of play. Shortly after Princeton scored the second goal when Oliver kicked the ball to the five yard line where Captain Cooper caught it square on his head and bumped it through.

Just before the whistle blew for the first period the University team rallied and Fordyee failed to score when he missed a kick from in front of the Princeton goal.

In the second period Captain Cooper made the third score for his team when he kicked a goal on a foul.

The summary:

Princeton  HarvardColebrook g.  g. ThomasJames r.f.b  l.f.b. SullivanFisher l.f.b.  r.f.b. De TarnowskyLloyd r.h.b.  l.h.b. PattisonShearer c.h.b.  c.h.b. PurdyDavis l.h.b.  r.h.b. MacKinnonOliver r.o.f.  l.o.f. DormanBarnouw r.i.f.  l.i.f. FordyeeCooper c.f.  c.f. Trevvett, Rubin, SmallMcCabe, Gay l.i.f.  r.i.f. Davis, SmallMcNeer l.o.f.  r.o.f. Crook