DEBEVOISE TO MANAGE HASTY PUDDING PLAY

Six Other Juniors Appointed to Assist in Production, Staging, Publicity and Ticket Sales

With the appointment yesterday of the department managers for this year's Hasty Pudding Club play, active work has begun in all the divisions.

The department heads for the play are as follows: G. D. Debevoise '26, of New York City, manager; C. F. Darlington Jr. '26, of Mount Kisco, N. Y., assistant manager; W. C. Gray '26, of Dedham, assisting manager; E. W. Marshall '26, of Portland, Me., program manager; W. I. Nichols '26, of Wilton, Conn., publicity manager; A. G. Cooke '26, of New York City, assistant publicity manager; J. A. Halsted '26, of Syracuse, N. Y., ticket manager. The other assistant managers, as well as the electrician, staff manager, and property man, will be announced soon. In the meantime there will be a meeting of all managers and assistants on Sunday night, November 16, at 7 o'clock, in 38 Claverly Hall.

Mr. Louis Silvers, who has been appointed coach of this year's play, has started in active work already, and at a meeting of all the men who are writing music or plays for the Club, held recently, he outlined, the plans for the year, and enumerated the difficulties which would have to be overcome. The first difficulty arises from the fact that it has not been decided yet whether the performance will be a revue, or a play. The great success of several revues now being shown in New York and Boston has influenced some of the men to favor this type of performance, but so much talent would be needed that it is doubtful if such a thing will be attempted. The result will rest largely with the Committee who will select the winning play. If the best play submitted is a revue, a revue will be given, if not, a play with an intricate plot, including many skits and lyrics, will be acted.

The other difficulty lies in the scenery. The hotels where the play will be given are not easily adapted to changes of scenery, and this limits the play itself to not more than two different scenes. This will make it somewhat difficult for the authors, and in view of this and other factors, Mr. Silvers has advised all men who are writing either music or books to group together in turning out their productions. Each man who is writing a play has been instructed to hand in a five page synopsis at 16 Hollis Hall by Monday night, November 16.

According to J. S. Seabury '03, chairman of the Graduate Committee of the Club, the interest in the play will be greater than it has been at anytime in many years, and, therefore, there is a need for an excellent play