WILL SLAGLE OUTPLAY HAMMOND ASKS PRINCETON

SLAGLE'S 20-YARD DASH HELPED WIN STADIUM DEBUT

Princeton, N. J., November 4,--"Will Slagle outplay and outkick Hammond on Saturday?" is one of the principal questions supporters of the Orange and Black are asking in any discussion over the outcome of the clash on Saturday. Princeton adherents answer "Yes!", but Tiger scouts who have seen the Harvard back in action are not committing themselves so definitely.

The record of these two luminaries has been equally impressive. Slagle was the only backfield man certain to start against the Crimson at the beginning of the week. While Hammond has not stood out with such conspicuousness, the knowledge that his kicking has been a big factor in the Crimson showing thus far, and the realization that he has shown himself to be, not only a consistent line plugger, but able to make long runs, makes him a threat to be feared. Princeton rooters still wonder why his brilliant dash in the Dartmouth game did not result in a Harvard touchdown. His ability on either end of a forward pass is also recognized.

No less versatile in the ways of football is Slagle. He carries the ball, kicks, and passes with equal dexterity. Furthermore, Saturday will not be his first appearance at the Stadium. Last year as captain of his Freshman team, he invaded it and left with the crown in hand. It was Slagle who started things going for the Orange and Black in that game, reeling off a 20-yard gain from scrimmage, and placing the pigskin within striking distance of the Crimson goal line.