DRAMATIC CLUB ANNOUNCES CAST OF MIRACLE PLAY

PLAY TRANSLATED FROM FRENCH BY EDOUARDO SANCHEZ '26

Twenty-three members of the Harvard Dramatic Club and the Idler Club of Radcliffe are included in the cast of the miracle play which will be presented by the Dramatic Club on December 16 and 17, it was announced yesterday.

Glee Club to Render Chant

Several of the members of the cast of Pedro the King", the club's fall production, are included in the miracle play cast and members of the University Glee Club, will render the chants which the play requires.

The cast was announced as follows. Announcer  Lendon Snedeker '25 Joseph  G. H. Humphreys '25 Mary  Miss Dorothy Leadbetter First Angel  Miss Ruth Johnston Second Angel  Miss Constance Templeton First Shepherd  Whitney Cromwell '26 Second Shepherd  O. L. Loring '26 Elyson  Miss Mary Leonard Mahai  Miss Frances Chase Jaspar  H. S. Smith '25 Melchior  Murray Pease '26 Balthazar  H. W. Keyes '26 Herod  D. L. Dickson '27 Messenger  Lendon Snedeker '25 First Courtier  H. S. Weber '25 Second Courtier  P. R. Hepburn '25 Clerks  G. A. Millikan '27, R. G. Rosegrant '26, Ross Wilkins '26

Due to the size of the room where the play is to be given in the Germanic Museum, the audiences at the performances will be strictly limited to 150. Only guests of the Dramatic Club and people who attended the performances of "Pedro the King" this week will be admitted to the miracle play.

This year's miracle play is to be a translation from an old French manuscript now preserved at Chantilly in contrast with the English plays which the club has given in the past two years. The translation was made by Eduardo Sanchez '26, who is also president of the Dramatic Club. The play concerns the events of the Nativity, portraying the appearance of the angels to the shepherds, the meeting of the Magi, the Magi before Herod and the adoration of the shepherds and the Magi. Sanchez' translation is in prose, although the original French is in meter