Eventful Midyear Schedule Includes Eclipse of the Sun on January 24 Besides End of the World on February 6

Mid-year examinations will proceed under difficulties this year. For in addition to the fact that the end of the world will occur on February 6, as announced some time ago by the Seventh Day Adventists, the almanac also reveals the fact that the sun will go into a total eclipse in New England on January 24.

This will be the first total eclipse of the sun that New Englanders have seen for 151 years. From a scientific point of view, this eclipse will be one of the most important in recent years, as it will furnish an opportunity for tests on the Einstein theory. Professor H. T. Stetson of the department of Astronomy intends to join the pilgrimage of scientific men to certain points in Connecticut where the eclipse will be seen from a more advantageous position than Cambridge affords.

There have been only seven such eclipses since the beginning of the Christian era. Besides 1778 when New England got its last look at this phenomenon, eclipses have occurred in the years A.D. 230, 319, 364, 985, 1079, 1478. There will be a gap of 99 years before it occurs again.

According to the Seventh Day Adventists, another event of somewhat local interest will also take place during the mid-year period when the end of the world will occur on February 6.