FIVE FOOTBALL PLAYERS STRENGTHEN PROMISING CRIMSON WRESTLING SQUAD

Schedules Announced for Two Teams--Second Outfit to Have Several Meets

With the addition of several football stars the wrestling squad has started preparation for the opening match with M. I. T. on January 20. The gridiron athletes who are reporting now are C. A. Bradford '26, A. L. Rogers '26, E. S. Daniell Jr. '26, George Hoague Jr. '26, and W. P. Locke '27. All the men who wrestled against Yale last year are back except Karolitz and Michelson. With a large squad of aspirants for the team reporting regularly, Coach Lewis hopes to better the record of last year's team, whose defeat at the hands of Yale spoiled an otherwise perfect season.

Until this week Coach Lewis had the candidates for the University team engaged in coaching the Freshmen. This practice gave the men all that is required for early season work and helped the 1928 squad at the same time.

To Enter Intercollegiates

This year there will be a Second team made up of men who fail to win first string ratings. This team will have several meets, which are being arranged. The climax of its season however, will come when the team enters the Nev. England intercollegiate Second Team Wrestling Meet. This tournament was held last year, but this is the first time a University team has been entered.

The Freshman squad is being handled in a new way this season. Heretofore, the interdormitory Meet was held after the season closed, but this year Coach Lewis intends to run it as a pre-season affair. Each dormitory will have a squad from which a team will be selected by elimination trials. There will also be a team of men not affiliated with any dormitory. The winners and runners-up of this tournament will be the logical men from which the Freshman team is picked. The individual winners in this tournament will be champions of their class.

The schedule of the University matmen is as follows:

January 20.--M. I. T. at M. I. T.

January 24.--Springfield at Spring-field.

February 14.--Norwich.

February 21.--Columbia.

February 28.--Princeton.

March 7. Brown at Providence.

March 14.--Yale at New Haven.

March 21.--New England Intercollegiates.

The Freshman schedule is:

February 14.--Andover at Andover.

February 21.--M. I. T. 1928.

February 28.--Pomfret.

March 7.--Brown 1928.

March 14.--Yale 1928 at New Haven.