1928 BASKETBALL TEAM PLAYS GRADUATE SCHOOL CHAMPIONS

Coach Drohan Gives Probable Line-Up for Second Practice Game

The Freshman basketball five faces the Second Year Law quintet, Graduate School champions, in a practice game in the Freshman Athletic Building at 4.30 o'clock this afternoon.

Coach Drohan has not yet decided definitely on the starting lineup, but it will probably be as follows: A. W. Slocum and J. W. Baldwin, forwards; J. R. McCurdy or F. W. Green, center; and R. C. Meisenbach and J. N. Barbee, guards. This team swamped the New Bedford Technical School 58-9 in a practice game recently.

Prospects for a successful season appear to be very good at present. Slocum and Baldwin, according to Coach Drohan, are the best pair of forwards that have appeared on a Freshman team since Lewis Gordon '24 was a member of the first-year quintet during the 1920-21 season. A bitter struggle is going on between McCurdy and Green for center, with the former holding a slight edge so far.

The guard situation is causing Coach Drohan most of his worry at present. The squad possesses two excellent guards in Meisenbach and Barbee, but there is a startling lack of first class substitute material.