INSTRUMENTAL CLUBS IN CONCERT AT WORCESTER

CONCERT AT MISS WHEELER'S SET FOR JANUARY 17

A. H. Stafford '26, University quarterback and star of the coming Pi Eta show, gave a dazzling exhibition of magic and sleight of hand tricks last night in the Hotel Bancroft at Worcester during the concert of the University Instrumental Clubs given there under the auspices of the Harvard Club of that city

Vocal Unit Performs

The hall was crowded with a large and enthusiastic audience which was puzzled, delighted, and amused in turn by the varied program of the concert. In addition to Stafford's performance, which kept the audience guessing, a "Vocal Unit" of 16 voices rendered several of the old time popular and college songs which have been in great demand lately. G. B. Moynahan '26, popular dancing expert gave several of his weird and clever exhibitions, in response to repeated encores.

Eighty Men Take Part

Among the other specialty vaudeville acts was a piano duet by Donald Frothingham '27 and S. L. Kelcher '27, who played together all last year and gave several performances. A total of 80 men took part in this concert, probably one of the most successful ever undertaken by the Instrumental Clubs. At the close of the program the clubs gave a dance, supplying their own jazz orchestra under the direction of J. H. Wright '25. The clubs traveled to Worcester in Gray Line busses provided especially for the purpose, where they were the guests of the Worcester Clubs for dinner.

The Instrumental Clubs plan to invade the precincts of Miss Wheeler's School for Girls in Providence on January 17. Among the other concerts arranged is one at Powin Hall. Belmont, for the Women's City Club, on December 20, and one at Lowell on January 14. Tentative arrangements also have been made for concerts at Portland, Maine. Poland Springs, Northampton and other cities.