HAIL, THE HOLIDAY!

Even a casual saunter along the Square betrays the progress of some untoward migration. The restless mien of the Massachusetts Avenue flaneurs, the noisy preoccupation of last classes, the impatience of packers, the mad impetuosity of the Subway rush all give witness to the universal urge to departure. And what varied attractions the holiday holds!

To those who remain in Cambridge, it offers the damp quietude of deserted dormitories, the monastic seclusion of Widener, and the culinary limpness of the Splendid. To those who seek the gayety of modern Babylons, it offers the front rows of the orchestra, from which the legendary business man is for once expelled, all-pervading music and no less pervading perfume, tete-a-tetes among the palms, tinkling of glasses and a toast. To those who return to fond firesides, the holiday offers an assortment of ties selected by solicitous aunts, the open adoration of young cousins, the damp and dutiful kiss of younger sisters, advice, but with these the Christmas tree, the familiar faces, the Yule-log brightness, and Christmas joy. To all, Cambridge acolytes, metropolitan revelers, and hearth-side rejoicers, the CRIMSON wishes a very merry Christmas!