AVERAGE FOOTBALL CROWDS LARGEST EVER IN STADIUM

The average attendance at the University football games this year was the greatest in the history of the college, according to the official attendance figures announced yesterday by the H. A. A. The total attendance, 331,883, has only been exceeded by the record of the 1922 season, when over 339,000 people passed through the gates. But as that season nine games were played instead of this year's list of eight games, the present season may be said to have the greatest interest in the University's football thus far.

A glance at the figures brings out some interesting facts. At only two games, Virginia and Boston University, were there less than 30,000 people in attendance. At three games, Dartmouth, Princeton, and Yale, over 50,000 people passed through the gates.

A significant sidelight on the interest aroused by the Dartmouth game is revealed by the fact that the attendance that day was larger than at the Princeton game. The figures were 51,307 and 50,936, respectively.

The official figures for the eight games are as follows: Virginia, 22,868; Middlebury, 30,372; Holy Cross, 41,602; Dartmouth, 51,307; Boston University, 20,910; Princeton, 50,936; Brown, 39,102; Yale, 74,786; and total, 331,883.