WINSOR LOOKS AHEAD AFTER YALE TRIUMPH

Crimson Must Develop Better Weapon Against Poke Checking--Yale Has Perfect Intercollegiate Record

The Yale hockey team still has a perfect inter-collegiate record.

Last year, however, the Blue won the game in the Arena and subsequently lost the rubber contest at New Haven. But this season the story has a different twist, for the Crimson will have to capture two games straight in order to come away with honors for the series. The immediate task in hand, however, is preparing the sextet for the next Big Three clash, which comes a week from today, when the Tiger arrives in Boston.

During this time Coach Winsor will school his charges in overcoming the weakness which appeared against Yale last Saturday. Harvard was not able to cope with the poke-checking which the Elis on the defense used almost entirely to break up the Crimson forwards.

Dodging the Blue defense men was a difficult job Saturday night, because for most of the game there were three of them lined up in front of the net, and this fact should be remembered in considering Harvard's failure to test Jenkin's skill. Even during the first period when Yale had established no lead and might have been expected to seize every chance to score, as a rule Coach Wanamaker ordered the offense to be conducted by only two players.

In his end of the rink Cumings--or Newell--will need greater alertness, for Yale's first and third tallies were long shots head-on from quarter ice. In both cases the Harvard cage-man was caught quite off his guard, although his view may have been obstructed when Scott registered the initial count.

The summary: Harvard  Yale Walker, Austin, l.w.  r.w., Turnball, Chisholm Beals, Gardner, Burgess, c.  c., Chisholm, Ferguson Hodder, Hill, r.w.  l.w., Scott, Farnsworth, Cottle Chase, Hammond, l.d.  r.d., O'Hearn, Potts Crosby, Hammond, r.d.  l.d., Sargent, Potts Cumings, g.  g., Jenkins

Score--Yale 3. Harvard 0. Goals by Scott, Turnball, O'Hearn. Penalty, Scott, tripping 2 min. Stops, Cumings 19, Jenkins 12. Referees, Sands and Wiggett. Time, three 15 minute periods.