INSTRUCTOR KILLED BY FORD'S TRAIN

Fourth Man Injured--Teacher Served in Sanitary Corps During War--Survived by Wife and Baby Daughter

Francis Bartlett Manning '16, Austin teaching fellow in Zoology at the University, and his two brothers, Charles C. '97, and Robert L. '95, all of Newton Centre, were instantly killed late yesterday afternoon when they were struck by the Henry Ford special at Glencliffe, N. H. A fourth man, Ralph Reed of Woodville, N. H., was probably fatally injured.

Manning and his companions left the Montreal Express at Glencliffe, and were walking toward Woodville, where they planned to camp, when Ford's train struck them. The engineer, evidently was unaware of the accident, for the special continued without stopping.

Manning took his S. B. degree magna cum laude at Harvard, served for a year in the sanitary corps of the army at Washington and at the Parker Hill Hospital in Boston. After the war he returned to continue his graduate studies at the University and to teach.

The deceased celebrated his thirty-second birthday on Sunday. He is survived by his wife and a baby daughter, Mary Adams Manning, aged three and a half.