Delcevare King Shows Partiality to Alma Mater; $25 in Prize Money Has Already Been Snapped Up by Harvard Men

Mr. Delcevare King '95, whose notorous "scofflaw" contest brought him national praise and approbrium, is now engaged in announcing the winners of his subsequent prize offers for the best statements on why a "scofflaw" is aptly denominated by that term.

This operation requires time. Yesterday Mr. King gave out the names of the winners of his five special prizes, today he announces the fifth and fourth prize-winners, tomorrow will occur the climax of the release of the names of those who have captured third, second, and first places. In this way ample publicity is to be secured.

No less than $25 of the $80 already distributed has gone to Harvard graduates. Yesterday came the word that the Rev. Charles Newell St. John '08 of Montpelier, Vermont is one of the five special prize winners. Today the winner of fourth place is announced as Mr. Ellery H. Clark '96 of Boston.

Mr. Clark's statement concludes as follows: "The Scofflaw, most emphatically, does not 'Play the Game'. The Umpire, the American Nation, has ruled that Prohibition is 'safe', and that the drinker is 'out'. But the Scofflaw refuses to accept the Umpire's ruling. To hell with America!' he snarls, "I've got to have my drink!"

"Behold him a skulker; a non-American; a 'poor sport'; lacking the man hood to play the Game.'"