CHAMPION ELI TEAM LOST IN THE CELLAR

League Leaders Recently Succumbed to Elis--Five Out of the Blue's Six Defeats Were on Foreign Courts

The Crimson quintet will attempt to silence the Bulldog's growl this evening when the Yale five invades the Hemenway court. That growl will be none the less ferocious because the Eli quintet has been considerably maltreated of late by the Intercollegiate League teams.

The Blue outfit is far more dangerous than it's season's percentage of seven wins and six losses would indicate. Though now in the League cellar, Yale is still potentially the same powerful aggregation that won the championship a year ago. Pite and Suisman, sensational forwards of last season, are still in the lineup, and Captain Haas is as brilliant a guard as ever. Clarke at center and Giblin at guard were the leading players of the 1926 Freshman five. Luman and Stevens of football fame are the outstanding reserves.

Elis Are Erratic

With every apparent qualification for a consistent winner, the Yale five has been erratic all season. It has run the whole gamut from brilliance to mediocrity. In defeating Cornell, the league leaders, it showed a flash of its best form.

Always a misleading guide, however, comparative scores must be discounted more heavily then usual when Harvard meets Yale in any sport. Coach Wachter's men must count on meeting the Blue team at its best, and at its best it will be hard to beat. The proven calibre of the Yale players makes them a slight favorite for winning honors tonight, despite their unimpressive preliminary record.

Crmison Loses to League Team

The Crimson team has yet to win its spurs in a contest with an Intercollegiate League team. Beaten by Columbia, Dartmouth, and Penn, the University five has in each case put up a real battle and lost only by a narrow margin.

A significant consideration is the noticeable inability of the Yale team to win away from home. Five of the Blue's six defeats have been administered on foreign courts. There is more than an outside chance that this bugaboo will pursue the Eli quintet tonight.

The Yale record for the season is as follows: Yale 37  Trinity 18 Yale 26  Maine 17 Yale 38  Cincinnatt 21 Yale 30  Otio State 43 Yale 39  Western Reserve 12 Yale 21  Chicago 24 Yale 34  Northwestern 12 Yale 25  Vermont 36 Yale 21  Pennsylyania 29 Yale 22  Cornell 19 Yale 19  Princeton 27 Yale 33  Rochester 26 Yale 15  Columbia 25