CRIMSON FAVORED IN RELAYS; STARS FLOCK TO ARENA

M. I. T. Probable Crimson Victim in Mile Relay--University Men Have Championship Competition in Other Events

A two-mile University and Freshman relay battle with Yale, a mile relay against M. I. T., Harvard runners contesting in half a dozen other events with a galaxy of world's record holders, intercollegiate champions, and national amateur titlists--these are the important events from the University's standpoint in the B. A. A. games tonight in the Arena.

Not once in the five relay races since the war at the B. A. A, games has a University quartet outrun the Blue, and in the last three short relays with Technology, no Crimson man has been the first to break the tape.

Crimson's Line-up Uncertain

The five men from whom Coach E. L. Farell will pick this year's team against Yale, however, present possibilities of strength which give the University a shade in the predictions. They are R. G. Allen '26, LeB. R. Barker '26, W. L. Chapin '25, B. R. Cutcheon '25, and J. N. Watters '26, Against these runners the Yale four, Bannon, Chapman, Geilfuss, and Douglass, is certain to offer stiff opposition. Bannon has yet to prove himself, but his showing this year has been remarkable. The other three are veterans: Captain Douglass won the Oxford-Cambridge two-mile race in 1921, but bowed to Watters last year; Chapman has been victorious in the quarter-mile races of Oxford-Cambridge meets in the past two years, and tonight makes his first appearance in the half; while Geilfuss won sixth place in the 1923 intercollegiate quarter. In the 1927 race, both teams contain strong ex-schoolboy runners, and should fight a hard battle.

The University mile team is also strong. It is the same combination which beat M. I. T. in the relay two weeks ago, but recent changes in the Technology team upset predictions on this basis. A Harvard victory, however, seems likely.

In the other events, Crimson entries will be fortunate if they succeed in picking up a few crumbs. Gerould, Greeley, and Morse, in a competition in which L. I. Brown, ex-Dartmouth high jumper, and H. M. Osborne, world's record holder, hope to battle until a new record is established, are in probably the least promising situation. Sherburne and Kobes, the University's best milers, and Kane and Coburn in the 1000 yard run will compete against stars of similar calibre.

The following are entered:

40 Yard Dash.--R. D. Howard ocC., A. H. Miller '27.

45 Yard Hurdles.--Jefferson Fletcher '25, C. I. Paulsen '27. J. M. Potter '26, W. B. Thomas '25, and J. J. Weinstein '27.

High Jump.--R. D. Gerould '24, J. M. Greeley '25, Malcolm Morse '24, and D. H. Moyer '27.

1000 Yard Run.--A. L. Coburn '24. F. P. Kane '26, J. C. McGlone '26, Leo Ryan '26, and E. H. Tweedie '26.

Mile Run.--LeB. R. Barker '26. H. R. Kobes '26, Campbell Newhall '24, J. W. Perkins '26, and J. H. Sherburne Jr. '24.

Two-Mile Relay.--R. G. Allen '26, LeB. R. Barker '26, W. L. Chapin '25, B. R. Cutcheon '25, J. N. Watters '26.

One-Mile Relay.--R. L. Brooks '26, Captain J. E. Merrill '24, K. M. Rogers '26, L. L. Robb '24.

Two-Mile 1927 Relay.--J. W. Brown. F. McC. Eaton. E. C. Haggerty, C. G. T. Lundell, H. A. Secrist