CERCLE FRANCAIS PICKS CAST FOR COMING PLAY

J. R. Robinson '25 to Take Title Role in Moliere's "Le Tartuffe"--Lodge and Graves Other Principals

The Cercle Francais is putting on sale today tickets for its next play, Moliere's "Le Tartuffe," which is to be given at the Copley Theatre on Wednesday afternoon, March 12. Tickets may be obtained at the box office of the Copley Theatre and also at Herrick's

"Le Tartuffe" has been a play of perennial popularity in France and is regarded by many as Moidere's masterpiece. It was first produced before the King of France in 1664 and the initial public performance was given in 1669. It has never before been attempted by the Cercle Francais and has not, in fact, been produced in Boston for at least a generation.

J. R. Robinson '25 will undertake the exacting role of Tartuffe. Other principals in the cast are J. D. Lodge '25, William Graves 2L and Miss Mary Vinton Murray.

The cast is as follows: Orgon  William Graves 2L Damis  R. D. Merian '27 Cleante  J. D. Lodge '25 Tartuffe  J. R. Robinson '25 Valere  Ernest Iselin, Jr. '26 M. Loyal  G. K. Bell, Jr. '25 L'Exempt  A. T. Merian '25 Mrue Fernelle  Miss Rebecca Williams Elmire  Miss Mary Vinton Murray Mariane  Miss Helen Grew Dorine  Miss Fxbel Tbayer Filpote  Miss Mary Otis