SPECIAL RATES PRIVILEGE OF QUICK-PAYING SENIORS

Those Who Pay Premiums in Lump Sum Get 50 Percent Cut--Fund Total Passes $80,000 With More in Prospect

Special rates to any man who wants to pay the entire premium on his endowment insurance were announced yesterday by the Senior Class Treasurer. By this arrangement with the New York Life Insurance Company the cost of a policy is cut in half.

At the normal rate on a minimum $250 policy, a member of the class of 1924 would pay $252 in yearly instalments covering 25 years. By the special rate he can pay $121 in the first year-and then forget about the policy altogether. The Insurance Company can then invest the lump sum right away. The earning power of these lump payments will make up for the loss in premiums, and it is expected that the dividends will be at least as much as with the yearly payments, which will probably continue to be popular.

The Class Fund has now passed the $81,000 mark, with the reports still very incomplete. The amount will probably be swelled by the men who take advantage of the new special rate, and when all the canvassers have reported the total should reach the $150,000 mark.