USES DANCING TO CONVEY EASTERN IDEAS TO WEST

A. R. Orage Lauds Russian Institution of Gurdjieff as Affording Perfect Balance of Body and Mind

"We aim to bring Eastern psychology to the West, in the Western form," said Mr. A. R. Orage, who was for fifteen years editor of the "New Age" (London), in an interview with a CRIMSON reporter, yesterday afternoon. Mr. Orage has written several volumes on economics, literary criticism, and psychology. He is author of the revolutionary Social Credit Theory.

Mr. Orage represents the Gurdjieff institute, which was founded two years ago at Fontainebleau (near Paris), by the Russian George Ivan Gurdjieff.

"Gurdjieff," said Mr. Orage, "after graduating from the University of Athens, spent thirty years travelling through the East, gathering as much knowledge as possible of Eastern tradition. . . .

"The Gurdjieff Institute," he continued, "conducts along with its other activities, a set of special exercises, which we call 'movement', but which appear as dances. Mr. Gurdjieff didn't invent the dances, he discovered them. They consist of ancient Greek, Egyptian and Buddhist and early Christian sacred classics--4000 all told."

The Institute is at present touring the United States, giving demonstrations of these "movements". Mr. Orage is in Boston principally for the purpose of arranging for a demonstration here. March fifth is the probable date.