"THE OLD SWEET SONG"

Now that the winner of the Bok Peace Plan Prize has been made known, Professor Hudson and other eminent scholars are at last relieved of their probably somewhat irritating duty of denying ownership of the winning plan. Mr. Charles Herbert Levermore, the author of the chosen document has become instead of merely a distinguished teacher and author, the Bok Peace Plan Prize Winner.

His associations with the World Peace Foundation of Boston, the New York Peace Society, the World Court League, and the League of Nations Union appear to indicate more than a fleeting interest in the solution of world problems: and indeed it was not likely that a mere dilettante in internationalism would produce a prize winning proposal. Mr. Levermore has been apparently well enough saturated in "Peace" Societies to turn out any number of satisfactory plans.

Some of his other accomplishments, however, are hardly less remarkable and may have had no little effect in preparing him for this final achievement. He is in fact the author of "The Academy Song Book". "The Abridged Academy Song Book". "The Students' Hymnal" and "The American Song Book", besides "The Forerunners and Competitors of the Pilgrim and Puritan". He should certainly not therefore be taken to task if his Prize Plan is, as some malevolent critics have implied, nothing but "The old sweet song."