ANDOVER QUINTET HAS LITTLE TROUBLE WITH '27

VISITORS BRING BEST TEAM SEEN AT HEMENWAY THIS YEAR

After holding Andover even for almost the whole first half, the Freshman quintet was forced to bow to a superior team yesterday afternoon by the score of 31 to 20. The schoolboys lived up to their advance notices and were clearly the best combination that has appeared at the Freshman Athletic Building this year.

In the first half Leekley's sensational efforts kept the Crimson abreast of their opponents until just before the close of the period. Single-handed he scored nine points, his team's entire total for the half, while the Blue quintet was garnering the same number. At this point Andover changed her tactics and resorted to long shots. Captain Mumby and Billhardt caged spectacular goals from mid-court and gave the visitors a 15 to 9 lead at half time.

After the rest period, the all-around superiority of the Andover team, told. The individual brilliance of the schoolboy forwards interspersed with clever bits of teamwork gave the Blue a commanding lead. Mumby and Billhardt are without doubt the best pair of forwards that have opposed the Freshmen this year.

No Harvard player except Leekley stood out. When his scoring efforts were checked in the second half, the Crimson attack became futile. The visiting guards held the Freshman forwards to a single goal throughout the game, a brilliant one-hand shot by Eby. The absence of Captain Lightbourn materially weakened the team, especially after it became necessary to call upon the reserves.

Score, Andover 31, Harvard 1927 20. Goals from the floor, Leekley 4, Eby, Malick, Mumby 4, Billhardt 3, Brockelman, Potter, Hammersley. Goals from fouls, Leekley 4, McCrum 2, Eaton, Thomas, Billhardt 7, Mumby 3, Evans, Referee, Boyt. Time, 20-minute halves. Harvard 1927  Andover Eby, Thomas, r.f.  l.g., Hammersley Eaton, l.f.  r.g., Potter, Brown, Evans Leekley, c.  c., Brockelman Hesse, r.g.  l.f., Mumby Malick, McCrum, de Ravignon, l.g.  r.f., Billhardt