GLEE CLUB OFF BENT ON RETRIEVING LOST LAURELS

DARTMOUTH WON LAST YEAR BUT HARVARD STILL HAS HABIT

The University Glee Club will again take part in the annual Intercollegiate Glee Club contest to be held this evening for the eleventh time in Carnegie Hall, New York City. Thirty men will sing in the Harvard chorus under the direction of E. F. Knauth Jr. '24.

The judges of the contest this year will be Madam Louise Homer, Mr, Gilbert Gabriel, music critic of the New York Sun and the New York Globe, and Dr. Walter Ramrosch, chairman. According to the rules of the contest, the songs are judged on a scale of 100, 30 points being the highest possible score for the light song, 50 for the prize song, and 20 for the college song. There being three judges, the total scale is 300.

The contestants consist of the glee clubs of Harvard, Yale, Princeton, Amherst, Dartmouth, Columbia, New York University, University of Pennsylvania Penn state, and Wesleyan. Last year contest was won by the Dartmouth Glee Club, but for three consecutive year prior to 1923 the Harvard Glee Club carried off the cup awarded by the University Glee Club of New York City.

The Harvard Glee club will render as "Morning Hymm" by Henschel, for its light song," My "Ponnie Lass" by Morley, for the prize song, while the college selection will be "Up the Street" by Morse. At the close of the programme all the glee clubs together with the University Glee Club of New York City will unite in singing Kremser's "Prayer of Thanksgiving".