DRAMATIC CLUB WILL OPEN DOORS OF 6 DEPARTMENTS

Profs. Baker and Pope and J. W. D. Seymour to Address 7 O'clock Meeting at Union--Will Visit Boston Theatres

The spring competition for all departments of the Dramatic Club, open to all undergraduates, will get under way in the Faculty Room of the Union at 7 o'clock this evening. Candidates are called out for business, publicity, stage managing, stage setting, electrical, and acting departments. Professor G. P. Baker '89, Professor Arthur Pope '01, and J. W. D. Seymour '17 will address the meeting, explaining the Club's activities. The competition will last until the play has finished its run, about the middle of May.

The chosen play, "The Makropulos Affair," a Crecko Slovakian comedy by Karl Capek, has been translated from the Bohemian by J. F. Holzinger and revised by R. C. Burrell '24. It will be produced in America for the first time by the Dramatic Club.

The management of the Club intend to try an innovation in the training of candidates this year, in that Boston theaters will be visited and thoroughly studied in all departments, with a view to demonstrating the most approved methods of theatre management.