TEAMS IN LINE FOR TRIANGULAR DEBATE

English Way of Speaking on Trial for First Time-J. Weston Allen in Chair Rose, Vaughn, Williams Judges

The final choice of teams with will represent the University in the Triangular Debates with Yale and Princeton on Friday evening, March 21, has been made by Coach C. H. Whelden 3G. The affirmative team that travels to New Haven is composed of H. P. Sharp '25, H. C. Davidson '26, and D. L. Dickson '27, with J. Y. Cole '25 alternate. The following team, upholding the negative, will meet Princeton at Sanders Theatre: W. D. Morton, '27, P. W. Williams '25, and Morton '27, Arnold '25, with R. A. Barton '25 and A. G. King '26 ad alternates.

In an attempt to make the debate more interesting this year, the three Universities will adopt the Oxford style, which was used to successfully by that college in their debates last fall. This style is marked by an informality which seeks to drop out statistics as much as possible, and to eliminate technicalities.

The chairman of the evening will be J. Weston Allen, L. '16, President of the Massachusetts Senate, and the judges are Dean Harry Seymour Rose of Emerson College, Professor David Vaughn, of the Boston University School of Theology, and James T. Williams Jr., Editor of the Boston Transcript.

The final decision made by the delegates from Harvard, Yale, and Princeton gives the following wording of the question to be debated: "Resolved, that limitation of enrolment of undergraduates in American colleges and universities by means other than raising the standards of scholastic attainment is justifiable."

Tickets for the debate in Sanders Theater on Friday evening may be purchased at Leavitt and Peirce's and at the Coop.