Y. M. C. A. STUDENTS TO EXAMINE EQUIPMENT

Will Watch Demonstration Squash Match Between Cowles and Dixon--Holmes, Geer, Kelly, Fradd to Speak

The entire Junior class of the Y. M. C. A. College of Springfield will visit the University this afternoon as a part of a three day program of investigation into the physical education programs of educational institutions in Boston. The delegation numbers about sixty men, who are engaged in preparation for work in the field of physical education as directors or supervisors of programs in schools and colleges, and is personally conducted by Professor G. B. Affleck, a member of the faculty at Spring-field.

Arriving at the squash courts at 2 o'clock, the delegates will be divided into groups so that they will the galleries of courts 7 and 14, where for the first half hour of their visit to the University, they will watch a specially arranged squash racquets demonstration. Coach Harry Cowles will play Captain Dixon, state champion, in court 14, and C. C. Harrington '24 will play G. D. Debevoise '26 on court 7.

Dean Holmes To Speak

From the squash courts under the guidance of Mr. W. H. Geer, Mr. D. J. Kelly and Mr. N. W. Fradd, they will be conducted on a tour of investigation of all the athletic facilities of the University. Reassembling at Hemenway Gymnasium about 4 o'clock, they will be addressed by Dean Henry Wyman Holmes '03, Dean of the Graduate School of Education, who will speak on the opportunity in the Graduate School to take courses leading to the Master's degree of Education in the field of physical education. Mr. Geer will follow with a resume of the present program for Freshmen and the opportunity that is open for all men in the University for exercise. Mr. Fradd will present the special exercise program for men who suffer from various physical handicaps. Mr. Kelly will describe the general plan of intra-mural athletics, including the inter-dormitory competitions organized for Freshmen, in a brief speech. He will also answer questions that have a bearing on the conduct of intercollegiate athletics in the University.

At five o'clock the entire group will conclude their visit by observing the program of exercise conducted in connection with the 5 o'clock gymnasium class, which is led by Herbert Walker 1G. Ed., a Springfield graduate.