"THE OLD ORDER CHANGETH"

Traditions and landmarks are no longer as enduring as in the sleepy Cambridge of an earlier century, and their passing is often but of momentary interest. The removal of Nolen's Tutoring School from the old familiar premises, however, will cause more than one pang of sentimental regret; but the announcement that Little Hall is to be converted into a Freshman dormitory will take the sting out of this momentary grief. Although it will accomodate but sixty men its acquisition comes in the light of a gift from the gods.

By the time the Freshman dormitories had been completed they were already too small to house an ever growing class, and the congestion of business about the Square has made it unusually difficult for the college to obtain posession of additional quarters. With the aid of Shepard, Drayton, and Little halls, the Freshman dormitories will be able to accomodate at least a majority of next year's class, making it possible to more nearly approximate the purposes of their builders.

The admittedly difficult housing problem is not in the last analysis one of obtaining suitable rooms in Cambridge, but rather of securing them at a convenient distance from the Yard.

Most of the desirable ...and expensive locations south of Massachusetts Avenue have been secured for use as shops and offices. Students have perforce found rooms only at a distance from lecture halls. The conversion of Little Hall is a step toward the greater concentration of student life about the Yard; this advance suggests the hope that such a policy will be followed consistently.