SEVEN LEAN YEARS WHET APPETITE OF WRESTLERS

COMPARATIVE SCORES FAVOR 1927 MAT ARTISTS

Two of the strongest Crimson wrestling teams in the last ten years will face Yale at Hemenway Gymnasium at 7.30 o'clock tomorrow evening. Seven straight defeats against the University is the record piled up by the Eli regulars, while the Blue Freshman beams have almost as remarkable a seore: This year, for the first time in many seasons, Harvard is given an even chance to win both meets.

A powerful showing has been made this season by the Crimson. After a long succession of mediocre and unsuccessful seasons under various coaching systems, the engagement of Coach Lewis put new life into the squad this fall. The largest number of candidates since the establishment of wrestling at Harvard turned out at the initial meeting, and Coach Lewis has done wonders with the material. With only one veteran, Captain Karelitz, eligible to wrestie this year, it was necessary to gather a whole new team. Coach Lewis did this, taking Goldberg, Stearns, Hill, Hayne, and Bradford from last year's Freshmen, with Michelson and Karelitz, to make up the team that has captured five out of six meets, losing only three decisions in the last four meets.

The Yale team, on the other hand, will be anything but an easy victim. Lehigh is the only college team to which Yale has bowed this season, and most of the meets have been won by lop-sided scores. Winters, Roberts and Batty are all veterans of last year's Yale team which defeated the Crimson by the score of 20 to 3, and the fact that none of last year's championship Freshman team has earned a berth this year, is not encouraging to the Crimson supporters.

The undefeated Freshman team will oppose a Yale team which is not undefeated but which is perfectly capable of repeating the Yale Freshman victory of last year. They have bowed to Taft School, 11 to 9, and they were unable to pile up as heavy a score against the Brown Freshmen as were the Harvard wrestlers, but they are none the less a powerful team. Stearns and Captain Wolfe were members of the Yale '27 football team that humbled the Harvard freshmen last fail, and-the latter has been winning his bouts this year, in the 175-pound class, with amazing consistency.