ST.FRANCIS LAST OBSTACLE ON ROAD TO NEW HAVEN

NEW YORKERS' RECORD IS STRONG POINT IN THEIR FAVOR

Harvard  St. Francis Smith, r.f.  l.g., Crane Gordon, l.f.  r.g., Kenney Rauth, e.  c., Raye Black, r.g.  l.f., Moran Rudofsky, l.g.  r.f., Keating

Tonight at 8 o'clock the Crimson basketball team, revivified by its brilliant victory over Dartmouth, will meet the St. Francis College five of Brooklyn, N. Y., in the last home game of the season.

Coach Watcher regards tonight's contest as a mere stepping-stone toward the crucial Yale test next Tuesday at New Haven. He wishes, however, to increase the team's victory momentum rather than halt it, so he will send his strongest-line-up into the fray. The general feeling now is that if the University five can maintain the pace set Wednesday in routing the Green it will be able to silence the Bulldog's growl in his very den. Tonight's task is to down the St. Francis team in stride without losing sight of the imminent objective contest with the Blue.

The visitors, however, are not to be dismissed lightly. Metropolitan Catholic champions last year, they have the same combination of forwards this season, Keating and Moran. The other three players are newcomers, but they have even evidence of their worth in bringing the team through a successful season. Even more notable than many of its victories was the St. Francis team's recent setback by a very close score at the hands of the sensational Army five.