BOOKSHELF

Confusion: by James Gould Cozzens '26. Boston: B. J. Brimmer Company, 1924. $2.00.

By G. H. Codk .

Nobody but Carolyn Wells could have chosen the title "Ptomaine Street" for the parody of "Main Street" which is just off her pen and which Lippincott will publish shortly.

The lectures delivered at Depauw University this year by Dr. Charles R. Brown, dean of the Divinity School of Yale, have been collected and published in book form under the title of "Social Rebuilders" (Abingdon). The five lectures constitute a study in reconstruction with certain ancient leaders of biblical history as the outstanding figures.

The Macmillan Company has recently published an educational edition of H. G. Well's "Outline of History" in one volume and completely revised throughout without sacrificing the fascinating style or great sweep of the general play. In this form, the edition offers reader and student the most convenient and attractive arrangement for study and easy reference.

In connection with the above it would be a shame to miss the wholly delightful parody of Wells contained in such historical papers as "The "Whiskey Rebellion" and "The Battle of Lexington" by Donald Ogden Stewart now appearing in "The Bookman". We are informed that the next in the series is to be "How Love Came to General Grant" done in the manner of Harold Bell Wright.