LACROSSE TRIP ENDS WITH TWO DEFEATS ON RECORD

Hobart and Cornell Win Decisively but Syracuse Has Harder Time in Practice Game--Coach Herbert Hopeful

The lacrosse season opened on Saturday, April 12, with a 5-2 victory at Soldiers Field over an alumni team, which included several ex-Harvard captains.

On the following Monday and Tuesday the squad practiced at the Archibald Stadium at Syracuse University under the supervision of Head Coach Cox, and a 15-minute scrimmage with the Syracuse University team, resulted in one goal against Harvard. A similar scrimmage on Wednesday ended scoreless.

The next day, at Geneva, New York, the team was defeated 8-7 by Hobart, and after practicing again at Syracuse. Harvard bowed before Cornell at Ithaca on Saturday. Pfann and Cassidy, of football fame, supported by a heavy and experienced team scored eight goals, while holding Harvard scoreless.

In spite of these adverse scores the team is considered better than those of the past few years. As most of the squad are Sophomores and Juniors. Coach Herbert anticipates successful seasons in the future. This week will see concentrated practice in preparation for next Saturday's game with the Boston Lacrosse Club.