POLO TEAM NOSES OUT FORT BRAGG ON PINEHURST TURF

Loses to Yale 7-4 and to Princeton 6-1, However

Six days of practice at Pinehurst with three practice games has proved the University polo team to be a beter outfit outdoors than indoors, even though two defeats were chalked up against one victory.

J. W. Tufts '27, F. D. Stranahan '26, J. H. G. Pell Jr. '26, R. T. Bunker '24 and Captain G. E. Kent '25 made up the squad and Tufts, Stranahan, Pell and Kent filled the line-up in the practice games. The Fort Bragg four was the first opponent, on Tuesday, and in the best-played game of the week, bowed to the Crimson team.

On Thursday the Yale team won a rather slow game when it overcame an early Harvard lead to win, 7 to 4. Captain Kent playing at number 3, starred for the University on the offensive. Princeton also defeated the University on Saturday, 6 to 1 in a closer game than the score would indicate. Both teams showed excellent horsemanship and it was again Captain Kent who made the only Harvard score.

Mr. G. M. Carnochan '14 and Mr. Robert Strawbridge have been active on the part of the newly-formed Harvard Polo Association in securing ponies for the tournament.