GOLF TEAM OPENS TODAY AGAINST B. U. LINKSMEN

Line-Up to Consist of Clough, Peirson, Mapes, and Soule--Hodder Tied Up by Pudding Rehearsal

The University golf team will open its season this afternoon when it opposes Boston University at 3 o'clock at the Weston Country Club. The Boston University team is an unknown quantity since this is also its first match of the season. The University golfers have been held back all spring by inclement weather, and the difficulties of securing a course have further prevented intensive practice, so that the matches this afternoon will form the first serious tests.

The difficulty of choosing a team on the basis of this spring's form, from the 20 candidates who have been practicing at the Oakley Country Club, was so great that it has been decided to start 4 veterans this afternoon. Captain R. M. Clough '24, C. L. Peirson '25, J. J. Mapes '25, and W. G. Soule '25 will compose the team today. Captain Clough will be playing his third year on the University team. Peirson and Mapes vied with Clark Hodder '25 last year for first place honors, and Mapes distinguished himself especially in the Yale match. Hodder will be prevented from playing this afternoon because of a Hasty Pudding Club rehearsal.

In all likelihood, this line-up will be altered before the next match with M. I. T. on April 28.