Harvard and Princeton Lose Man Apiece From 1924 Football Prospects as Evans and Legendre Are Declared Ineligible

Earl Evans '25 and S. M. LeGendre of Princeton will not be eligible for football next fall according to an agreement reached between Dean L. B. R. Briggs '75, Professor C. W. Kennedy of Princeton, and Professor C. w. Mendell of Yale, chairmen of the athletic committees, of their respective universities.

The case of these two athletes are parallel. Both played university football as freshmen before they transferred. While still at those college the freshman rule was adopted with the understanding that students then in college who had played as Freshmen would be permitted to play four years of university football. The athletic committee chairmen decided that no exception should be made in these cases and that the letter of the law should be followed. The question of the eligibility of Yale's three transfers, Milstead, Neale, and Stevens was mentioned but not discussed as the circumstances in their cases were somewhat different.